So Valentines Day is a couple weeks away and I decided to shnazz up the house with a little touch of purples, pinks and reds.
I have a bunch of shirts I never wear and so instead of heading to the craft store to buy material I just re-purposed old clothes again.
You can do this so easily too...
- Grab some old clothes you don't mind cutting up
- Cut different size heart shapes. You will need a front and back piece for the heart.
- Sew the two pieces together. I did mine a couple different ways. Inside out and then turn outside in or just sewing the outer edges. Stuff with fill.
- I used a hanger for the top base.
- Unfold hanger
- Shape into a circle. (Tie three ropes to the hanger to balance and tie the three together to hang it from)
- Make them cute and individual.
- (I sewed cute buttons on and made patches to add to some)
- Tie to hanger rim using yarn, thread, twine, whatever you have. (I used some twine and some thread to try different things.)
- Hang at different levels.
Ta-daaaa! It's that easy! Quick and easy Valentine Day Decoration!
What do you plan on doing for Valentines Day? Or do you boycott it? ;)