Welcome to the last interview in the Blogging 101 series!
Make sure to check the link at the bottom of the post if you have missed any.
Our final guest blogger is
Mandy has an amazing and very successful craft blog full of great ideas and features.
Make sure to stop by and check it out!
- What is your favorite season and why? I really love them all - each has something unique to offer, so I love when it's time to change to a new season. After summer, fall is so welcoming with crispy air and warm colors. Then winter, with the excitement of the holidays and fresh fallen snow. After being in the drag of winter for a while, I can't help but love spring and the first buds of flowers. And who doesn't love summer, with it's carefree lifestyle and outdoor fun. So I can't pick - but I definitely have to live somewhere that has all 4 seasons!
- What do you do when you are not blogging? - - hmm - in my free time - crafting things to be blogged about :) Otherwise it's being a mom to 4 kids and all the fun that comes with that.
- What is one post you are really proud of? - I don't think I can pick just one. I love the posts that inspire other people - when I get comments "this is great, I'm going to try it for sure", that's when I know I loved that post.
- Who are some bloggers you look up to and why? I love Kimbo at A Girl and A Glue Gun, because she keeps it real and fun - - Ashley over at Make It and Love It always has great tutorials and I love all her stuff - - Jen at Tatertots and Jello does it all and that's something to look up to for sure
- What does an average week look like for you in upkeep for your blog? For starts, I have to make sure my link party is up and running - then in real time I have to check out the links and pick ones I want to feature. Other than that, I try to "blog ahead" a little - it's nice to have several posts ready for the week so I don't feel crunched to get a post written for the following day. But to keep that rolling, I've got to write several posts a week for the following week.
- What do you think the average blogger doesn’t realize about being a success? - it really takes a lot of work - I've always got "blog on the brain" - constantly thinking of different craft ideas, how to write interesting posts, etc. It's not overnight success - just takes time and perseverance.
- Do you set goals for your blog? - - I don't have many goals - at first it was to just showoff my projects. Then I started to grown and got the idea that I might actually be able to make some money with it. I have a loose goal to not lose readers - always go up in followers and hits, but nothing specific.
- What are the most important activities for growing your blog? For sure, link parties. I really started growing when I started linking up to other blogs - it drives lots of traffic that normally wouldn't come - and some of those people stick around and become followers. I also try to guest post on other blogs pretty frequently, to get in front of different audiences.
- What do you do when you have “writers block” or a dry period? Blog Stalk, of course - although now Pinterest is rivaling that. I love to look around at other ideas and think about how I can tweak them for my needs - or get inspired by others and use their ideas as a launching pad for ideas of my own.
- How do you define success? I thought my blog was successful when I had a couple hundred followers, so it's all about how you measure success. For me, success is enjoying what I'm doing, and that's still the case. I love crafting and showing off what I make - it's fun!!
- What advice would you give to bloggers who want to grow their blogs? Put yourself out there - link up, guest post, leave lots of comments on other blogs. I love to visit the blogs of those who leave comments on my blog. Also the technical stuff - blog daily, take good crisp pictures, interesting projects, etc.
Thanks so much Mandy!
Make sure you stop by her blog and follow you won't regret it!!
Thanks to all our guest bloggers for taking the time to share your blogging secrets!
Read them HERE
Want to read MORE great blogger interviews?
Check out Amanda from Serenity Now's Series HERE