Anthropologie Flower Headband Tutorial8:05 PM
I decided that I wanted to try and copy this Anthropolgy headband, which sells for a whopping $218!! Why can't my name be Anthropology? ha ha
So here is my attempt and how you can do it as well!!!
Here is what you will need:
- Organza & Tulle (this is what I chose to use but you can use any material you wish. The original they used silk)
- Needle & Thread
- Elastic headband
- Hot glue gun
- To start fold your fabric several times over. You want it to be full so the more layers the better. Just remember it starts getting hard to cut!
- Use four layers of the tulle for each square.
- Measure about 6". The original is 8" in diameter but that was a little TOO large for me!
- Draw a circle and then a flower pattern inside of it.
- Take several layers and put them together for a slightly smaller square to cut out
- Pin the layers together so they won't slide when you are cutting them.
- Cut them out. (NOTE: Cut the pieces as close to one another as you can, I know my outline shows them further apart but I kinda ignored them while cutting)
- NOTE:after I cut them all out I also cut each petal down the center so it would look more like the original.
- After both squares are cut, remove the pin
- Layer the pieces alternately (if you used tulle, layer the pieces sporadically between the others)
- Sew 3 or 4 stitches through the flower
- Pinch the bottom together and sew three stiches so it is held together like the bottom of a real flower
- Pinch the other way (perpendicular to the first) and add three more stitches.
- Cut out a small piece of felt
- Grab your elastic headband, or elastic
- Hot glue the piece of felt over the headband to the flower
- THE END! :)
Here is the thing...should I be lucky enough to make it into the finals I will need your help by voting for me! If that should happen I think I might turn this into my first ever giveaway!!
What do you think?
Give me some feedback friends!!